Over $40 Million Recovered In Verdicts & Settlements
Distracted Driving Accidents
$3.6 Million Construction Accident
$3.2 Million Pedestrian Accident
$2.8 Million Car Accident
$1.8 Million Construction Accident
$1.6 Million Pedestrian Accident
$1.5 Million Pedestrian Accident
$1.4 Million Slip, Trip and Fall Accident
$1.3 Million Pedestrian Accident
$1.3 Million NYCTA Bus Accident
“Ken Pryor went above & beyond!” - Wendy
Distracted Driving Accident Injury Attorney in New York City
Helping Distracted Driving Injury Victims and Their Families Throughout NYC
If you've been injured in a distracted driving accident in New York City that happened because of another's negligence, you may be able to file an injury claim against those responsible. If your claim is successful, you can hold those at fault for the accident and your injuries accountable and recover compensation for your damages, pain, and suffering.
At The Pryor Law Firm, our experienced team understands the difficult challenges that victims and their families often encounter in the aftermath of an accident. We take pride in serving clients not only in New York City but also in Long Island, Nassau County, and Suffolk County. We have a long history of helping injury victims and their families bring those who harmed them to justice. We’re here for you if you need us.
Ready to get started? Connect with our law firm online or at (855) 889-5311 to schedule a free consultation with our skilled distracted driving accident injury attorney. Se Habla Español.
What Should I Do if I’ve Been Injured in a Distracted Driving Accident in NYC?
Being injured in a distracted driving accident can have severe physical, emotional, and financial consequences. The following is a step-by-step guide explaining what you should do if you’re injured in a distracted driving accident in New York City:
- Get Medical Treatment and Report the Accident – If you've been injured in a distracted driving accident, your top priority should be to get medical treatment. Even if you're not sure if your injuries are serious, it's best to see a doctor and document your medical condition as soon as possible. Moreover, it's essential to report the accident to the police who will create an official accident report. The report will document who was involved, where and when the accident happened, and other details that will be important in your injury claim.
- Hire an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer – Hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer is crucial to ensure your rights are protected and you get maximum compensation for your injuries and losses. A personal injury lawyer will investigate the facts and circumstances of the accident, gather evidence, and file a claim on your behalf. Moreover, your lawyer will handle all communication with the insurance company and negotiate a settlement that is fair to you.
- Gather Evidence to Support Your Claim – To strengthen your injury claim, it's essential to gather evidence that supports your version of events and shows how the other driver's negligence caused the accident. Evidence that can be used in your claim includes whether the other driver was texting while driving or using other electronic devices at the time of the accident, whether the driver ran a red light or stop sign, and whether the driver was driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- File a Personal Injury Claim with the Insurance Company – Once you've gathered all the necessary evidence, your lawyer will file a personal injury claim with the insurance company of the at-fault driver. The insurance company will review the claim and decide how much money they're willing to offer you as compensation. Typically, the insurance company will take a few weeks to investigate your claim and come up with an initial settlement offer.
- Negotiate a Settlement or Proceed to Trial – If you and your lawyer think the settlement offer is fair, you can accept it and receive your compensation. However, if the offer is not sufficient to cover all your damages and losses, you can try to negotiate a higher settlement with the insurance company. If the negotiation fails, you can proceed to trial, where a judge or jury will decide your case. The trial process can be lengthy and expensive, but it also can lead to you recovering higher compensation than the insurance company offered.
Contact Our Experienced Distracted Driving Accident Injury Lawyer Today for a Free Consultation!
The Pryor Law Firm has offices in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Nassau County, allowing easy access for New York City and Long Island residents. You can trust our experienced New York City distracted driving accident attorney to provide the care, experience, and attention to detail that your case deserves.
Contact The Pryor Law Firm online or call us at (855) 889-5311 to set up a free consultation with our distracted driving accident injury legal team today. No fee unless we win!