Over $40 Million Recovered In Verdicts & Settlements
$3.6 Million Construction Accident
$3.2 Million Pedestrian Accident
$2.8 Million Car Accident
$1.8 Million Construction Accident
$1.6 Million Pedestrian Accident
$1.5 Million Pedestrian Accident
$1.4 Million Slip, Trip and Fall Accident
$1.3 Million Pedestrian Accident
$1.3 Million NYCTA Bus Accident
“Ken Pryor went above & beyond!” - Wendy
New York City Car Accident Lawyers
Serving Clients in Manhattan, Brooklyn & Nassau County
Every year, millions of Americans are involved in car crashes. In New York City alone, thousands of people are seriously injured, and dozens lose their lives in car crashes annually. At The Pryor Law Firm, our team understands the challenges that victims and their families face following an injury.
Is it Worth Contacting an Attorney For a Car Accident?
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in a car accident caused by another person, a dedicated New York City car accident lawyer can help. Working with an attorney can help you get the compensation and justice you deserve.
We are proud to have represented clients in New York City, Long Island, and throughout Nassau & Suffolk Counties for 25 years.
What to do After a Car Accident?
When you are involved in a car accident, it is normal to feel overwhelmed and experience panic about what to do immediately after a collision. There are several important steps to take to ensure the safety of you and your loved ones after being involved in a car crash in New York.
Following are 5 steps to take after a car accident in New York:
- Get to Safety- If possible, direct your vehicle to a safe place that is away from oncoming traffic or other drivers. Do not leave the scene of the accident without pulling over.
- Call the Authorities- Contact the police and an ambulance as soon as possible to address any injuries and start an accident report. Do not ever refuse medical treatment if you are advised to do so.
- Document the Accident and the Damage- Take pictures of any damage to property or vehicles, and ensure that you receive the other drivers' contact information, license plate number, and insurance carrier.
- Gather Statements from Witnesses- It is important to collect the contact information of witnesses who were at the scene of your accident. This may help your injury claim with successful compensation.
- Contact a Car Accident Attorney to File an Injury Claim- Our accident attorneys can help you with the nuances of your car accident claim by using our extensive experience to help you receive maximum compensation.
Should I File a Car Accident Report With the Police?
Filing a car accident report with the police can be a highly beneficial step following a collision. Not only can it provide a formal record of the incident, but it also serves as an essential piece of documentation that can prove vital during the claims process. It is, therefore, strongly advisable for any car accident victim to ensure a police report is duly filed.
Here are the top three reasons why a police report can aid your car accident injury case:
- Proof of Incident: A police report provides an official record of the car accident, which can serve as irrefutable proof that the incident occurred. It offers a comprehensive account of the accident, including the date, time, location, and individuals involved.
- Evidence of Fault: Often, a police report includes the officer's opinion on who was at fault for the accident, based on their on-the-spot assessment and witness statements. This can be a key factor in establishing liability and could significantly influence the outcome of your injury claim.
- Supporting Documentation: A police report can serve as a critical piece of supporting evidence when filing a claim with the insurance companies. It often contains information about the damages and injuries, which can help in establishing the severity of the accident and aid in securing compensation.
Who Is Responsible in a Work-Related Car Accident?
When a worker is hurt on the job by someone who is not employed by the same company, then the injured worker not only has a workers compensation claim, but he or she may file a separate personal injury lawsuit against the responsible person or company who caused the injury and collect monetary damages for pain and suffering.
The amount of damages recovered in the personal injury lawsuit is typically far greater than the amount recovered in the workers compensation recovery so it is important to make sure that you file both of these claims when it is legally proper to do so.
If you or a family member has been injured in an on-the-job car accident, your thoughts may turn to the importance of filing a claim with your personal car insurance company. Or, you may think about filing a worker’s compensation claim. Did you know, however, that you may face unique legal issues after an on-the-job car accident that cannot be addressed by either your personal car insurance or your worker’s compensation coverage?
We recommend consulting our knowledgeable car accident lawyer in New York City after any serious accident. In the case of on-the-job car accidents, we cannot over-emphasize the importance of receiving sound legal advice and forceful representation.
After a workplace car accident, contact The Pryor Law Firm. Our firm has served the New York City area for two decades. In that time, we have investigated countless serious car accidents and fought successfully for high-value results in many of those cases.
Outstanding Client Service in Car Accident Claims of All Sizes
We handle auto accident cases of all kinds, from simple rear-end collisions to fatal highway crashes. We don’t just work hard on our big cases — whether your case is worth $20,000 or $2 million, you will receive the same quality of personal attention and professional legal service from our firm. If we accept your case, we are 100% committed to winning your case.
Examples of the kinds of car accident claims we handle include:
- Wrongful death claims in fatal auto accidents
- Injuries of all kinds due to any type of auto accident
- Accidents and collisions on any highway, parkway, roadway or parking lot
- Intersection collisions
- Drunk driving accidents, whether or not the other driver was charged or convicted of DWI
- Accidents involving trucks or commercial vehicles
- Accidents involving bicycles or pedestrians
- Taxi accidents, cab accidents, bus accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian knockdowns
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Boating accidents and boating while intoxicated accidents
- Claims involving uninsured or under-insured motorists
- Injuries suffered by truck drivers, delivery drivers or others driving while working
- Accident injuries suffered in New York City by residents of other states
- No-Fault Insurance claims under New York City’s no-fault system
Our New York Car Accident Lawyers Can Help
Our law firm has offices conveniently located in Brooklyn, Manhattan and Nassau County, making us accessible to all New York City and Long Island residents. With experience handling cases ranging from several thousand dollars to several million dollars, you can rest assured that our New York City car accident attorneys bring the care, experience, and attention to detail to your case which will set you up for success.
To learn more about our services and how our New York car accident lawyers can help you and your loved ones in your case during a free consultation, contact us today at (855) 719-0590.
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury in a New York car accident, you most likely have a lot of questions about how to move forward with your case. We provide valuable information on our Car Accident Blog:
- Important Information to Get At the Accident Scene
- Rear End Accidents and Soft Tissue Damage
- Dealing With Insurance After a Car Crash
- Protecting Your Rights When You've Been Injured in a Car Crash
- Hit and Run Accidents in New York: What Are Your Legal Options?
If you still have questions or would like to discuss your case, contact our firm today for a free case evaluation!