Life changes after a major car accident. Survivors face major medical procedures and long stretches of rehabilitation to regain abilities they may have taken for granted before the accident. Family members of fatal car accident victims find their entire world turned upside down as they face the reality of a future without a beloved spouse, child, or parent.
The recovery process after a major car accident is expensive. This is why major car accident victims hire personal injury attorneys—to take on the job of investigating and finding all available sources of compensation. The attorney shoulders this responsibility, leaving the victims and family members free to focus on recovery and grieving.
The Pryor Law Firm has served the New York City area and Long Island for two decades. Firm founder Kenneth A. Pryor is a member in the prestigious Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Mr. Pryor is an experienced trial lawyer who teaches trial skills as an adjunct law school professor. Our firm can provide the knowledgeable and experienced legal representation you need.
When we represent survivors of major car accidents or family members of fatal car accident victims, we leave no stone unturned in investigating sources of compensation. Among the questions we investigate are:
- Was the at-fault driver drunk or impaired by drug or alcohol use? If so, we pursue maximum available punitive damages. Is there a bar or restaurant that shares responsibility for continuing to serve the driver when he or she was visibly intoxicated? Was the driver a minor who was served alcohol in someone’s home?
- Was the at-fault driver on the job when the accident occurred? If so, we can pursue compensation from the company’s insurance policies.
- Did the vehicle itself fail in some way, thus causing the accident? If so, there may be a legal basis to file a product liability lawsuit against the vehicle manufacturer based on defects in the design or manufacture of the car.
- Did shoddy repair work cause the car accident? In such cases, the repair shop or mechanic may share legal liability and financial responsibility for the results of the accident.
- Does the accident victim carry underinsured motorist coverage that we can access?
- Did unrepaired or dangerous roads cause the accident? Does a government road safety agency share responsibility for the crash?
- Did the accident happen in a construction zone? Was the zone properly signed and were appropriate safety measures taken to protect drivers passing through the zone?
The Pryor Law Firm maintains offices in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Nassau County. We handle personal injury cases exclusively on a contingency fee basis (meaning you pay no fee unless we recover compensation for you) and we can visit you or your loved one at home or at a hospital if travel is too difficult. To contact us for confidential legal advice regarding representation after a major car accident, submit our online contact form or call 212-222-8444 in Manhattan, 718-773-1700 in Brooklyn, or 516-741-8100 in Nassau County.